Friday, June 4, 2010

Days after Jessica landing

I am glad Jessica landed on 15/5 and her blog sufferd a meltdown. We the Jessisaholic Jessicans were forced into a compulsory withdrawal mode. It has spared me time to re-engage in my own journey which God has opened for me.

A counselling training tour suddenly turned up which required for group leaders to join this program in Yongzhou, Hunan from 12-15/6. Yongzhou is just a neighbouring town of Hengyang and Changsha where the two ICC (International China Concern) disabled orphanaged projects are located. God has been using me and Christ's Family Church to raise fund for the orphans through the annual walk the wall campaign. The ICC folks have been encouraging me to visit their projects to have a first hand view on the casue I am supporting. But becasue of my prior involvment in Sichuan earth quake relief work including this counselling involvement, I keep pushing off a visitation to the two projects.

But now, God has opened up a door for me to go to the door step of Hengyang, so it is obvious enough for me to go to have a look and see what God has in store for me through this trip.

I will spend 5 days in HKG first but they are fully packed with liaison activities which are all signs of open door or approval for my involvement in those para-church related ministry. I will need much prayer support as I have just noticed that Yongzhou has lately become a centre of social unrest becasue of the corruption in the judicial systems causing great grievance in the citizens there. Three judges were shot dead by a righteous civil right activist who also got killed. So there is great uproar in this city. On the one hand, this exactly is a confirmation for our visit there to minister to their grievance through the counselling course. But on the other hand, the situation can develop to the edge of out of control that would hinder the conducting of the program. So, we are finger crossed to see how the sovereign Lord will lead us into this stern siutation but still use us to bring comfort and peace to the inner mind of the frustrated public in the society.

In HKG, the 21st anniversary of June 4th event this year also has stirred up a bit of tension in th society particularly in the Chinese University Studnets Community. They are fighting for the right to erect a statue of Freedom in the campus while the University Authority tries every way to reject this in the name of politcal neutrality. I have posted following email to them to voice out my view as an overseas alumni:

The most important value of a true democratic society is the freedom of speech and expression. As an academic institute, its duty is to uphold that freedom with an impartial view. Political neutrality is not to interfere that inherent right but to colloborate with the student council to find a most appropriate place for the erection of the statue of freedom that is safe and not causing inconvenience. It should let the individual students to make their own interpretation on the message brought forth by that symbol of the June 4th spirit. No matter what positions you hold on the June 4th event, it is an irreversible tragedy that has caused deep wound in the hearts of many people. Suppressing the emotion to greive and commemorate would only bring negative consequence to the society. Allowing a permanant display of the statue of freedom would serve as the avenue for greivance be vented. It would only bring more rational discussions and reflections on this issue TO MAKE IT NOT HAPPEN AGAIN!!

1974 Econ ,Chung Chi College

There are already so much to keep my mind engaged before the trip. I am sure God will lead me through an even more amazing journey not less spectacular than the 7 knowdowns of Jessica's circumnaviagtion solo sailing. I am glad I will not be sailing solo alone but with God speed and God bless.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Hung,

    Thank you for your informative blog posting. You have many opportunity to help on many fronts. I pray that your voyage will be prosperous for the Lord and you will be a help and blessing to a lot of people. It is exciting the way that God has opened these doors for you. It is no secret that you must be always open for even "left of field " opportunity to serve and speak for the Lord, as was displayed in your participation with Jessica's voyage and blog.

    Enjoy your voyage with the Lord, and enjoy the love and warmth of the people that you meet in HKG and in China.

    Thank you again for your friendship

    Peter Bush, Hyden

    ReplyDelete