Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Poem of Repentance

Yarning for the Glorious Presence of the Father in the Fallen World

http://cuqldfreeblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/poem-of-repentance.html



I am attending a Mission Conference at Chiang Mai regarding a global Christian movement entitled “Kairos”. This is a Greek word meaning to grasp hold of the opportunity to bring more loss human souls back into the Kingdom of God while we still have time. I don’t want to flood you with all the details of the conference but just want to share a poem with you.

This is a beautiful poem of deep repentance written by a student of the Kairos course in USA. It is a personal reflection, but more so a soul searching mournful acknowledgment of the fallen spirituality of the whole USA nation. No wonder while the whole world of the Kairos family are witnessing phenomenal growth, but the USA and Canada both remain to be the areas with least growth.

But God does love the Americans who once pledged absolute allegiance to God proclaiming “In God we trust” on the bank note more so in their ancestors’ life. The great fall in power and economy was not because of the damage caused by the terrorists to the twin tower on 911 10 years ago. It was the American Government leading the people of the country to deviate from God and His timeless teaching. Thus even the USA Christians are too secularized to resort to prayers. God however still makes all things work together to move Kairos community in Central and South America to introduce Kairos to some of their USA Christian friends.

At the end of the Kairos course, students are requested to do personal reflection. It was then a young lady who felt deep sense of guilt of ignoring the presence of God in their life as well as His call for mission to reach the unreached. As a result she wrote a poem as shown below.




Show Me Your Glory Today Lord




If you do not go with me,



I do not want to go



But if you do not take me to the nations



Take me to heaven now I beg You






I would rather go into Your presence TODAY



With a burning heart



Than years from now with a lukewarm one






I am in desperate need of a radical gift of grace



To save me from this suffocating culture






I don’t want to live shopping trip to shopping trip



I want to live fishing trip to fishing trip



Fishing for men with You in my boat.






I am not afraid to die for You TODAY



With the gospel on my lips



But I am afraid to waste away



Falling asleep to the world’s lullaby






Please don’t let the church sing me to sleep



Take me to the nations Lord.



Show me Your glory today






I would rather join those in heaven who see You



and know Your worth



Than allow one more day to slip by me on earth



Poisoned by pride and play.






On the glorious day of your return



I do not want to be found on a yacht



While the world is sinking



In a fine restaurant



While the world is starving



With a closet of fine clothes



While so many still naked.






Please Lord I pray



Show me Your glory



Take me to the Nations



Or take me home to heaven TODAY



Kairos Graduate USA
After 911, American has been developing a suffocating culture, a culture of greed and arrogance. The Government has been giving an illusion to their people that money and military power can resolve all conflicts and gain them the moral high ground and give them absolute control of the world political stage. The people have thus been blindly led to lead an indifferent life, caring selfishly only for their own enjoyment ignoring the needs of the world. The writer of this poem just feels too shameful to be amongst her own compatriots living a comfortable life while the world is sinking, its people are starving and naked without proper clothing. Poverty in material is not the worse, but poverty in spirit not knowing and submitting to God is the worst situation that the writer really is moved to ask God to give her strength to do something about it.

I hope you share her sense of urgency in bring the lost souls back to His Kingdom before it is too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment